Saturday, July 7, 2012

HP challenge Day 7


Day 7: Favorite female character and why.


This may not surprise you that Luna Lovegood is my favorite.  She is definitely different from everyone else.  She isn’t afraid to be who she is.  When people make fun of her, she rolls with the punches, doesn’t let it affect her, and keeps going.  She is one character that is entertaining and takes you for a good laugh. 

When I first read the book I related with the character.  I even stated that I would love to play her one day.  About two years ago my work started a whole “Breakfast with the Witches,” where people could pay to come get breakfast and get autographs from people dressed as famous witches and wizards.  One of my co-workers knew I loved Harry Potter and piped in to my boss that she thought I would make a perfect Luna.  To my surprise my boss agreed and let me play Luna.  


For the past two years I’ve been paid to portray one of my dream rolls.  Every year I hear positive feedback about how that girl who played Luna was really believable.  It’s been amazing!  I absolutely love everything about Luna.


Who’s your favorite female character?

1 comment:

  1. I love Luna. So much that if Scott will let me (we won't, I already asked) I would name our daughter Luna. I just love her. See?

    http://cutefox15.blogspot.com/2011/07/ode-to-luna.html

    ReplyDelete