Tuesday, July 3, 2012

HP challenge Day 3


Day 3: Is there any of the films adaptations that have made you angry because they’ve ignored important parts of the book.

I had a hard time with this question.  Yesterday at FHE I chatted with a gal that helped me come to a decision of how I wanted to answer this question.

First off, it really bugged me how they just briefly touched on the Padfood/Moody/Prongs/Wormtail.  That was one of the things that I loved about the third book and missed in the third movie. 

Another thing that bugged me was in the fourth movie after Harry’s name comes out of the Goblet of Fire. In the movie Dumbledore rushes Harry, grabs him, and aggressively asks Harry if he put his name in the Goblet.  In the book how it was written was that Dumbledore calmly asks Harry if he did it, believes him, and moves on.

Finally, in the six movie they have Bellatrix set the Weasley’s Burrow on fire.  Where does that happen in the book? Oh yeah, it doesn’t.  Was it necessary to further the plot and make the movie make sense? Not even close.

                                                    (Saw this and had a really good laugh)


Now it’s your turn to answer the question. 







1 comment:

  1. I'm with you there about Bellatrix and the Burrow.

    But I think the one that bugged me the most is the end of the last movie (and I mentioned this in my last comment). The final battle is in the Great Hall and there is other fighting still going on. Harry does NOT break the Elder Wand, he uses it to repair his wand and then returns it to Dumbleore's tomb after consulting his portrait in the Headmaster's office and learning the Wand will lose its power if the master of the wand dies peacefully the power dies with him. To me the Elder Wand was a big one that the movie just got wrong.

    ReplyDelete