Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Puzzle Pieces of Life


Near the beginning of the year I was working early in the morning at work.  No kids had come yet, and I was super bored.  I decided to look through our cabinet to find something to do.  In there I found this curious gold box.  This hadn’t of been the first time that I had seen this box, so I decided to pull it out.  Sure enough it was a puzzle that had no picture in the box.  I was curious to what the picture was of, so I decided to pull it out and build it.



I had almost got all the edges together when my other coworker got there and she decided to help me build it.  Time came for us to go to our next activity, but all of us, including the kids, wanted to see what the puzzle was a picture of, so we put it on a board and took it with us.  We all at one point in time wanted to give up, but we kept going.  By the end of the day the puzzle still wasn’t done, so my boss let me take it home.



Things felt hopeless and dreary as I tried to finish this puzzle.  I was determined to finish this puzzle so I could see what it was a picture of.  My ma sat down with me and helped me finish it so I could take a picture of it.  Of course it had to be missing two pieces, but I was content to see the picture.



Now you may be wondering why I decided to blog about this experience.  When I tell stories I like to come up with analogies to how it relates to me in my life.  In this case, the puzzle can relate to life.  We were sent here on earth with a plan to return to Heavenly Father (finish the puzzle).  We don’t know all that is going to happen in life, and at times we may want to give up.  We all want to know what the big picture is in life (what we are supposed to do, and what Heavenly Father has in store for us).  Life is a work in progress, and we don’t have all the pieces all the time.  And of course, we can’t do it all alone.  We have people in our life that are there to help us along the way.  In the end, after all that we can do, we have the atonement to come give us the mercy we need to help us finish and be on the right path. 

No comments:

Post a Comment