Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Gorilla Arms


A couple of months back I was hanging out with one of my good friends and her kids.  One of them then stopped, stroked his hand up my arm and told me that I felt like a gorilla….


My first thought, was “Really?!?” That was the first time I had someone comment on my arm hair.  I just had to laugh and tell him thanks.  I didn’t think much of it until I was in my lab class the next week.  (Last semester I had the awesome opportunity to teach three year olds.) One of the children came up to me, stroked my arm, and told me that I felt like a lion.  Four other kids that were by him came over and stroked my arms and agreed that I definitely felt like a lion.

Out of the mouths of babes… Kids are honest… brutally honest at times.  That was when I accepted the fact that I have more hair on my arms than most individuals.  I told this story to my ma and she told me that is why she shaved hers.. 22 years and I never knew this. Now I know where I got it from.

Whenever I now go over to my friend’s house her same child, without fail, will come and stroke my arms.  I guess it is something that calms him. I don’t know that for certain, but I have come to terms that I have gorilla arms. 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, this made me smile!!! I had a friend from HS who shaved her arms too, but that was because her hair was thick AND dark. You can't even see yours. Love the comfort idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got laser hair removal on my lower legs and underarms. I always see packages for "lower arms" and I think....who the heck needs hair removal on their arms? Now I know:-) Thanks for the chuckle, Justina.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have very fine, blonde arm hair. It's not very noticeable, but still I seem a bit fuzzier than most people. I started shaving my arms too, but am going to get it lasered off.

    ReplyDelete