Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Odd Tender Mercies of Life

I feel bad that I haven't posted in awhile, but, well, I've been busy. I have many posts planned for once the semester ends.  My day today deemed worthy of me posting, so that's what I'm going to do.

Many of you may know that I have found a new love for the musical "Through the Looking Glass: Alice the Musical."  Titus Productions gets to have the opportunity to put on the U.S. premiere of the show.  They haven't put up the auditions yet... I feel like I've been stalking their page every day, checking to see if they have posted anything.  I instantly fell in love with the music, and ordered the album from England about three weeks ago. The site didn't send me a shipping code or anything... I almost lost hope of getting the album but I had the feeling to check the mail box before I went to work today. Surely enough, it was there. My heart jumpped a beat and I was beaming with excitement as I climbed into my car.  I then got super sad because my car doesn't have a CD player.  When I got to work I shared my excitement with my boss and she then in return told me that she would allow me to listen to it in the bus while I picked up kids from school. I was excited.

When I was driving the bus today picking up kids from school, before the intersection there was this little dog in the middle of the road. Cars were swerving around him. It was crazy. I was turning right, and for some reason I decided to slow down. And then for some reason unknown to me, I still don't know why I did it, I opened the drivers side door of the bus looked the dog in the eye, and told him to get in. He then climbed into the bus right away, which surprised me.  At that moment it was like we could understand each other.  The kids were freaking out wondering why I picked up this random dog. I'm almost back at work and I'm wondering, "What am I going to do with this dog?" "What is my boss going to do?" "What possessed me to pick up this creature while I was at work?"  My boss handled it well and laughed at me.  We ended up finding it's owner.  Moral of the story, the kids at work think I'm some savior and my boss's boss said that there is never a boring moment at work.

Still don't know why I picked up that dog.  I had the impression to pick up the dog, and I was like, okay, and picked up the dog.  I will honestly admit that I don't really care for dogs.  It was weird.  When I saw that poor creature in the middle of the road, I kind of related to him.  He was lost, scared, things were moving fast in front of him, and he had no way of getting to safety.  I was this dog's personal savior today.  We all need that someone to reach out and save us at those times that we are in utter despair.  Today I can truly say, "Thank goodness for those guardian angels, the spirit, and the atonement."


I am a Mormon, true blue, through and through.  Persecutions may arise, mobs may assemble, but I will stand as a witness of God at all times, all things, and all places.  (My personal title of liberty)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome and beautiful! Glad you were able to help that poor little doggie. :) Did I mention that I love this post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hero! I LOVE that you spoke to the dog, and he understood you. I'm glad you rescued him, and that you found his owner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE YOUR NEW BLOG HEADER SO MUCH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete